An anonymous patient feedback questionnaire was undertaken of 25 consecutive clinic patients who were asked to anonymously rate their experience with Mr Gornall, without his prior knowledge. The results were collected independently.
For each question a scale of 1 to 5 was used, where 1 was the worst/least that the patient could imagine; 3 was the same as most doctors/about average; and 5 was the best/most that the patient could imagine.
1. When asked how polite Mr Gornall was, the average patient score was 5.
2. When asked whether Mr Gornall put them at ease, the average patient score was 5.
2. When asked how well they felt Mr Gornall listened to them, the average patient score was 5.
3. When asked how involved they felt in decisions for treatment, the average patient score was 5.
4 When asked how well Mr Gornall explained their condition and treatment, the average patient score was 5.
5. When asked how well Mr Gornall respected privacy and confidentiality, the average patient score was 5.
6. When asked how honest and trustworthy Mr Gornall was as a practitioner, the average patient score was 5.
7. When asked if Mr Gornall was good and provided the appropriate care, the average patient score was 5.
8. When asked if they wished to see Mr Gornall again, the average patient score was 5.
Mr Gornall has also received numerous positive comments from patients:
– Mr Gornall is so kind and patient – He puts you at your ease. He is a very kind and caring doctor.
– Very efficient but also kind which is so important. Dr Gornall is also so knowledgeable it provides reassurance in a sensitive situation.
– This doctor saved my life. He was the only one who listened when I was ignored by others. In my opinion he is an incredibly skilled surgeon as well as a caring doctor.
– When seeing Dr Gornall I feel that I am having the best care possible.
– I feel confident that the doctor will do his best for me.
– Always excellent and reassuring
– I have received excellent care on a continuous basis for several years – conditions dealt with very quickly and I have always been aware and understood what was happening. No complaints about doctor or any of his team whatsoever.
-I found Dr Gornall easy to speak to, professional and confident, very nice indeed.
-Mr Gornall and his team helped (and are still helping) me through a fairly traumatic experience.
– Always kept me informed about my treatment. Is an excellent doctor and one I would trust totally.
– Everything explained and I’m very satisfied – thank you.
– Extremely supportive and friendly and kind